Outpatient Behavioral Health Programs for youth and adults in Apache Junction, Queen Creek, Superior, Kearney, Oracle, San Manuel and Yuma include:
- Individual, Family/Marital and Group Counseling
- School Based Counseling
- Young Adult Transitional Services
- Psychiatric Services which include assessment and medication monitoring
- SMI Services
- Case Management
- Chemical Dependency Treatment including Co-occurring, Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP) and DUI
Primary Health Care
Mountain Health & Wellness is now providing Primary Healthcare Services at these locations:
Apache Junction, AZ
- 1210 W 24th Street, Suite 2 [view map] 928.726.2500
Mountain Health & Wellness Primary Care accepts most insurance plans. If you have a question about your personal plan, call 480-983-0065 for additional information.
Primary Care Services include:
- Women’s health
- Children and adolescents
- Physical exams
Family and Youth Services in Apache Junction include:
- Community Based Services (e.g. Meet Me Where I Am) providing Focus-Intensive in home services and Respite-Family support services.
- Academy Programs for youth unable to continue attending their home school due to behavioral or psychiatric issues.
- Intensive Outpatient Program, called the H.O.P.E. (Helping Others Promote Excellence) Program. Youth and families work together for 12 weeks meeting their goals for recovery and wellness.
- Family Support Partners are advocates for parents/guardians that are trying to navigate through the school and behavioral health systems to help parents learn about services for their children.
Crisis Services for Eastern Pinal and Maricopa Counties include:
- Pre-petition Screening and Involuntary Civil Commitment
- Crisis Stabilization
- Assessment and Referral
- Interim Follow-up
Recovery Center in Apache Junction provides SMI Services which include:
- Case Management
- Expressive Arts
- Housing Services
- Vocational Rehab Services
- Partial Day and Therapy Services
- Transportation Services*
- Intensive Case Management
Psychiatric Inpatient Facilities in Apache Junction and Yuma provide:
- Secure Care (24/7)
- Evidence based treatment to achieve the optimal outcomes
- Acute Stabilization of Psychiatric Symptoms (voluntary/involuntary)
- Forensic Evaluations
- Court Ordered Evaluations
- Court Ordered Treatment
Justice Services in Pinal and Yuma Counties provide:
- Court Liaison
- Restoration of Competency Services
Professional Training Opportunities
The Professional Training Program at Mountain Health & Wellness is devoted to helping professionals improve their knowledge and skills, build stronger teams and deliver better care to people and their families with behavioral health conditions and substance use disorders. Training and education programs are geared to professionals working in community-based, inpatient and residential care settings.
Transportation* services are available for eligible client populations throughout our various service areas. Services must be requested at least 24-hours in advance to ensure availability.
MHW has been providing psychiatric telehealth services in rural locations since October 2003 and has implemented telehealth stations in all its outlying areas. This system allows patients in under served areas to access specialists without having to travel long distances. The current system uses teleconferencing equipment and high-speed data lines to allow the provider and patient to see and speak to each other as if they were in the same room. This service has been extremely successful with our outlying area.
In 2010, MHW completed a joint venture with a local penitentiary and extended telehealth services to both adult and juvenile facilities.
Beginning in late 2012, MHW will begin deploying medical telehealth systems to four of its outlying areas and partner with the Florence Unified School District to implement a school-based healthcare system
Mountain Health & Wellness has opened our first pharmacy at our 625 N. Plaza Drive location. This facility permits Mountain Health & Wellness clients to fill their prescriptions on-site at reduced prices.
* In accordance with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act and The Civil Rights Act of 1964, Mountain Health & Wellness does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, color, national origin, or gender. For more information on these statutes or to file a complaint, contact our “How Are We Doing?” customer service number at 1-866-587-7847.